On Sun, Jul 18, 1999 at 01:27:49PM +0800, Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am still fighting with the checkpasswd ;-)
>
> I compiled the checkpassword-0.81 packages successfully.
>
> The described test works with system user, but not with the virtual
> domain users.
> I cannot find the relationship, when checkpassword looks up the password
> in /var/qmail/users/poppasswd

The standard checkpassword works only with system users. If you want to use an
external user database, you'll need a modified checkpassword.

I have two versions which are patches against checkpassword-0.81. They're at:

http://www.palomine.net/qmail/checkpassword-0.81.patch
http://www.palomine.net/qmail/checkcdb.tar.gz

I recommend the latter since it stores the external user database in a cdb
file, so lookups are much faster and it can be scaled to a much larger number
of users.

Chris