Hi all.

According to RFC822:

>4.3.1.  RETURN-PATH
>
>        This field  is  added  by  the  final  transport  system  that
>        delivers  the message to its recipient.  The field is intended
>        to contain definitive information about the address and  route
>        back to the message's originator.

Return-Path is added by the *final* transport system. So why is it added by
qmail-inject?

On the same subject, if I send an email message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] without
the Return-Path field (e.g. by using qmail-queue) but using VERP (so that
the envelop sender becomes [EMAIL PROTECTED]), the
email.com server writes the Return-Path as <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
stripping everything left of the equal sign.

As far as I can tell this only happens with email.com (and other domain
names they host). Is this a problem with their mail server or should I
always include the Return-Path field, against RFC822?

Thanks.

David.
David Villeger
(212) 972 2030 x34