I'm running FreeBSD 2.2.8 and qmail 1.03.  Sending mail from pine works, retrieving
mail via a pop3 client works with regular and virtual users, however qmail-smtpd does
not work.

I'm running qmail-smtpd through tcpserver and have relaying correctly configured.  For
a while qmail-smtpd was working, but I managed to break it somewhere along the line.
I'm looking for suggestions, I'm out of ideas as to what to look for.  Here's what
happens:

When running qmail-smtpd with this:
tcpserver -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -u82 -g1004 0 smtp /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd &

My pop3 client connects, then when it tries to send a message, I get the error from
the pop3 client "No connection has been opened."

When running qmail-smtpd with this:
tcpserver -u82 -g1004 0 smtp /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd &

I get the same message.

I can telnet to port 25 and issue commands using the smtp commands, and it
successfully sends a message, but when I receive the message, the message body
contains no data (even though I did enter some text after issuing the DATA command),
the "from address" is missing, and it says "Unkown user" for the name when I did
supply this information.

Any suggestions?

-Eric