From: Dave Sill [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, July 23, 1999 9:36 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: smtp routing

Let's see if I've got this straight. You've got:

    mail.mysite.org (your qmail box)
    mailhost.hq.net (the relay to the rest of the world)
    pcN.mysite.org (systems with local mail users)

And you want mail routed like this:

    [EMAIL PROTECTED] -> remote to "user" on pcN.mysite.org
    [EMAIL PROTECTED] -> local "user" on mailhost.hq.net
    user@*.mysite.org -> local "user" on mailhost.hq.net
    user@anywhere_else -> relay through mailhost.hq.net

OK, in control/smtproutes:

    pc1.mysite.org:
    pc2.mysite.org:
    pc3.mysite.org:
    :mailhost.hq.net

In control/locals:

    mail.mysite.org
    mysite.org
    foo.mysite.org
    bar.mysite.org      (e.g., all the mysite.org hosts you want to
                         handle locally)

In control/rcphosts:

    pc1.mysite.org
    pc2.mysite.org