On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Dave Kitabjian wrote:

> What are the industry-standard names for the following email services:

I doubt it's a standard in some ISO or IEEE book, it's not even an RFC.
let your marketing guy sit with a copywriter and find a name for these
packages so they SELL :-)

>       <any_name>@<their_domain>
>
> and a separate POP for each. (.qmail-<any_name>)

ISP-based virtual mail domain

>       <any_name>@<their_domain>
>
> but they get only a single pop account, "default", for retrieval of all the
> mail (.qmail-default).

single-mailbox domain forwarding, AKA lame.

> 3) All mail to
>       <any_name>@<their_domain_2>
> is treated as
>       <any_name>@<their_domain_1>
> (by virtualdomains entry: <their_domain_2>:<their_domain_1>)

full domain overlay? symetric domain forwarding? let your copywriter think
it up for you :)