>Do you expand the MIME/64's, scan, then delete the offending (e.g. MIME)
>attachment? I am very interested in such filtering at the mail gateway
>into a system.
We break out and decode all the attachments, then scan. If the mail contains
a virus, we move it into a secure pen (just in case it holds the worlds most important
purchase order), then notify the sender and recipients that their mail is held.

>Any known tools (product, GPL, or otherwise) that could
>be convinced to work with QMail?
We use our own code, but I have heard good things about Amavis on this list. It might
be worth a deeper look.

This message has been checked for all known viruses by the Star Screening System
http://academy.star.co.uk/public/virustats.htm