I have happily been running qmail for over a year on our
main mail relay for over a year with zero problem.

Now I also got responsibility for an aix-4.3/sendmail host,
which I would like to convert to qmail.

As far I can see I can't, because of missing qmail features.

The features are (prioritiezed).

1) spam_friends support
   That means that selected users, including postmaster, can
   receive mail from blacklisted mail hosts. (Some bosses
   want it).
   And mail from .dk also must pass the blacklist checks.

2) reverse user aliases
   Local users automatically have their from header rewritten
   to their "official" email name, which is first.last.
   (Yeah, I know ...). Boss demand.

3) sender domain check in rblsmtpd.
   There is an unofficialt patch for qmail-smtpd, but none
   for rblsmtpd.

imap and pop3 are also used, and many users use pine.
(I don't want to patch or support pine in any way).

I would like to use maildirs. Should i do double delivery,
maildir for qmail-pop3d and mailbox for the rest, or are
there better options? Which imap-maildir-patch is
supported on this mailing list (none I suppose).

--
Med venlig hilsen / Regards
Netdriftgruppen / Network Management Group

Tlf./Phone   +45 35 87 89 41        Mail:  UNI-C
Fax.         +45 35 87 89 90               Bygning 304
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       DK-2800 Lyngby