On Wed, Aug 04, 1999 at 11:04:08PM -0400, Chris Johnson wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 04, 1999 at 08:15:06PM -0400, Brian Reichert wrote:
> > I must be utterly misunderstanding the documentation.
> >
> > I"m trying to create a system-wide alias to catch pager requests.
> >
> > So, I created:
> >
> >   # cat ~alias/.qmail-page
> >   | /usr/local/bin/sendpage -B -S -c Subject: -f "$EXT"
> >
> >   # ls -l ~alias/.qmail-page
> >   -rw-r--r--  1 root  qmail  84 Aug  4 19:55 /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-page

> Your ~alias/.qmail-page file should be ~alias/.qmail-page-default.

Yes, that did do it.  I acutally tried that, and ran into an
unrelated probelm that led me to believe that was not working.

But I'm alive now.  Once I get a properly fleshed-out invokation
of sendpage, I'll mention it on the list, as it looks handy for
people...

And thanks for the advice.  I was in a blind rush, and was not
loking in the right place.

In part, I was assuming that qmail-getpw would return an error if
there was no valid mailbox for the localpart in question...  Is
there a qmail utility that can emperically check whether a valid
mailbox exists (without, of course, sending mail)?

--
Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
37 Crystal Ave. #303                    Daytime number: (781) 899-7484 x704