Now I'm confused...

> >Uhm. Is your checkpassword really installed and working? Without
> >it, you can't go on.
> Installed. can I check if it's working somehow?

- From www.qmail.org:
Mark Delany has a clever way to test your checkpassword with a bit of command line
re-direction. For example, with username fred, password bloggs,
printf "fred\0bloggs\0Y123456\0" | /bin/checkpassword `which id` 3<&0
will execute /bin/id if the password is right.

The printf is a bit trickier to manipulate if the username/password starts with a
digit. If you haven't a printf then enter the data into a file with your favourite
binary editor, such as emacs, and then it's simply:
/bin/checkpassword /bin/id 3<test.file

Or use perl: perl -e 'printf "%s\0%s\0Y123456\0","fred","bloggs"' | ...

--
Petr Novotny, ANTEK CS
[EMAIL PROTECTED]