Chris McCarthy writes:

> My company has 2 qmail servers, one is a dialup, the other is online
> permanently in another office.
> When a user in the dialup office sends an email with a large attachment
> to a large number of recipients, is it possible to configure the dialup
> qmail server to send one copy to the other qmail server to relay, so
> that the dialup line is not being used to transfer the same attachment
> to all recipients ?

The short answer is no.  With a lot of pain, you can probably find some way
to hack around it, like dumping all mail into a Maildir, detecting
duplicate messages and combining them together, then unloading the combined
messages into the relay when the line comes up.

If this represents your typical mail traffic, Qmail isn't the right mail
server for you.

--
Sam