On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Peter van Dijk wrote:

[snip]
> Removing messages from under qmail-send's ass should not give any problems
> theoretically, just lots of warnings in the logs.
>
> kill -9 qmail-send IS a bad thing tho.. you should always just kill
> qmail-send and _wait_ for it to exit.

If you're in a hurry, and want qmail-send to exit quickly, kill all the
qmail-remote processes after you kill qmail-send (as Peter notes, don't
use -9).  You may get a few duplicate messages doing this.  Your choice
whether it's that urgent to shut it down quickly.

--
"Life is much too important to be taken seriously."
Thomas Erskine        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        (613) 998-2836