Magnus Bodin writes:

> Since we've discussed hotmail here before as they use qmail for the
> secure part of their service (the outgoing mail), I just felt
> that I had to share this utterly stupedious quote from yesterdays
> Manchester Guardian:
>

>  "Email sent throught Hotmail differs from most others emails because
>   it is routed through the internet."
>
>   - Victor Keegan, in "G2", The Manchester Guardian, 1 September 1999,
>     explaining the security flaws in Microsoft's Hotmail service.

Who's he?  I'll best he's on Microsoft's payroll.  Microsoft has absolutely
no clue what Internet is all about.  Look what I just found:

$ telnet mail.mpsnet.com.mx smtp
Trying 200.4.48.14...
Connected to mail.mpsnet.com.mx.
Escape character is '^]'.
220-mpsnet.com.mx Microsoft SMTP MAIL ready at Wed, 1 Sep 1999 23:59:06
-0500
220 ESMTP spoken here
EHLO stupid_server
250-mpsnet.com.mx Hello [207.99.6.104]
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE
250 8bitmime
MAIL FROM:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> BODY=7BIT
553 Unrecognized command

Very funny.  You can almost see that '8bitmime' token being put in there as
an afterthought, without having the tiniest gram of a clue as to what it's
supposed to mean.

--
Sam