Oy.  Guess I get to delurk now.

Hi, my name is Nathan J. Mehl.  I run qmail on my home system,
blank.org.

I also happen to be the Senior Systems Administrator for Mail.Com.

Let me state this for the record:

MAIL.COM DOES NOT, NEVER HAS, AND NEVER WILL BLACKLIST SERVERS BASED
ON THE http://maps.vix.com/tsi/new-rlytest.cgi SCRIPT.

I'm afraid that the message sent by the abuse staff at Mail.Com to Mr.
Bell was somewhat unclear.  iq-ss5.iquest.net was blocked because we
received an unexpectedly high volume of mail from it.  Period.  The
speculation that it was an open relay was just that, speculation, and
we provided the pointer to the vix.com relay tester as a courtesy to
Mr. Bell.

Here is the crux of the matter: we would have blacklisted the server
even if it had "passed" the TSI Relay Test.

Allow me to offer my apologies to Mr. Bell for the inconvenience
suffered.  And please don't flood our abuse desk with requests to stop
something we never did; they're busy enough as it is. :)

-n

SENDING JUNK EMAIL TO MY ADDRESS CONSTITUTES YOUR LEGALLY-BINDING ACCEPTANCE
OF MY OFFER TO REMOVE BOTH OF YOUR NIPPLES WITH AN ORBITAL SANDER.
                                                              (--Andy Ihnatko)