On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Kush wrote:

> I have a mail gateway and it forwards email to specific mail hosts in my
> network. I have a few mailing lists on these mail hosts, but the mail
> gateway (with fastforward) is unable to forward any email destined to
> the ezmlm list email addresses.
>
>  I have `noc:@shell.blah.com` in my aliases file

why do you use fastforward to forward the Emails then? if the servers
inside the firewall are of the format YYY.blah.com and the mail is infact
destined for [EMAIL PROTECTED] then use smtproutes. if it is a single
domain that you split to departmental mail servers, I sugest using a
fastforward file for the flat aliases, and a .qmail-aliasname-default for
aliases that may have extensions.

> This doesn't happen because noc-subscribe@ isnt in the alias file. Is
> there
> anyway I can specify a wildcard in the alias files? perhaps:
>   noc::@shell.blah.com? (I heard ":" could be a wildcard in qmail?)

you heard wrong. : is used in .qmail filenames to replace dots (some
security reason, forgot right now)

also, I don't believe "@hostname" as the right parameter is a legal
format.

what you want:

cd ~alias
echo "| forward $[EMAIL PROTECTED]" > .qmail-noc
ln -s .qmail-noc .qmail-noc-default

--
Ira Abramov | Internet Zahav | Linux Guru and T-Shirt collector
Ixnay on the IcrosoftMay | please write to me only in English!