Text written by Josh Pennell at 08:53 PM 9/6/99 -0700:

>I downloaded the patched pine src from
>http://3.am/pine4.10.maildir.tar.gz and built it on an Intel Solaris 2.6
>box.

This is eerily reminiscent of my troubles with the same version of Pine,
building on a Red Hat Linux 5.1 (Intel) box.

>What I have tried to get pine to read Maildir:
>
>// edits to the ~/.pinerc file
>inbox-path=~/Maildir           (didn't work)
>inbox-path=$HOME/Maildir       (didn't work)
>inbox-path=~/Maildir/          (didn't work)
>inbox-path="inbox"             (didn't work)
>
>It just always reads 0 messages in inbox :(

I tried a few other variations on this and always got "can't open
/home/kmactane/Maildir: not a selectable folder".

I checked in with James Smallacombe about it, too, but he didn't have any
ideas aside from making sure the .qmail file has a trailing slash (which it
does).

In case it will help, here are a few more details on my system (don't
laugh; it serves stuff):

Intel Pentium 75 MHz
32 MB RAM
1 IDE HD

running RHL 5.1 (2.0.34 kernel)
shadow passwords
qmail 1.03
daemontools 0.53

Let me know if any other details would help.

                             Kai MacTane
                         System Administrator
                      Online Partners.com, Inc.
>From the Jargon File: (v4.0.0, 25 Jul 1996)

examining the entrails /n./

The process of grovelling through a core dump or hex image in an
attempt to discover the bug that brought a program or system down.
The reference is to divination from the entrails of a sacrified
animal. Compare runes, incantation, black art, desk check.