Greetings,
   I log smtp connects to a file and at certain times one user will seem to
be getting pounded with mail from a particular IP.  When I check the
maildir there is nothing new there.  There are no errors going to the
syslog.

Could this be the bare linefeed issue?

Would that cause the chatter between my server and the sender's?

If this is a linefeed issue, would adding the fixcr program to the tcpserver
line for smtp program handle that without putting undo strain on the box to
deal with just a few hosts that send out garbage?

Thanks,
   mike.