I think that it would be really useful if qmail.org had an "apps" section
similar to freshmeat.net or linuxapps.com.  If I could search through names
and decriptions of apps, that would be *very useful*.  For instance, if I
hear about this cool program called "vchkpw", that's an addition for qmail,
and I go to www.qmail.org, a simple search is not going to find it, because
the places that vchkpw is mentioned on the qmail page do not lead to the
actual software.  vchkpw is listed as the following:

>Christopher Johnson (EI39-1) wrote a virtual domains package with the
>following features. Inter7 is now maintaining the current version.

For someone who searches for "virtual domains", this is fine.  However, if
I've used vchkpw before and just can't remember the link, then it's going to
be hard for me to find this on the page.  Especially since it's listed under
"Alternative checkpassword implementations."  It's obvious to you or me why
your checkpassword program relates to virtual domains, but that is not
obvious at all to a newbie.

Another thing that database searches are good for is that you can have
descriptions with words appearing out of order.  For instance, a search for
"virtual domains" will find a document with "virtual mail domains" as well.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.  I think the qmail page is definitely a very
valuable resource, but I can see how it would be confusing for newbies.

--Adam