Hi,

first of all. I'm subscribed to this list. So please no CCs to me.

> The problem here isn't SSL, so let's not discuss that further.
Yes it's not SSL.

> When I looked at the message using mutt, it turns out that
> there was a series of dots, all on lines on their own, followed by a
> line of text, like this:
>
> .
> .
> .
> .

Well I got hand of the message and it's not the above mentioned dot
series.
The text is:

weiss, was gemeint ist, aber keiner kann's so richtig griffig
formulieren=
..
Vielleicht sollte ich's mal mit "learning by doing" versuchen???

I would like to know why Outlook could take this for a problem. Might it
be that the Problem derives form two IP-Pakets that divided the message
in one ending with a dot and one starting with a dot?

The curious thing with the whole thing is that the above text is in
message nr. 29 and not nr 30 as you could think from the error message.
And it seems that this Problem does not occur when using an ethernet
connection but does when using a dial-up line.

I know that this is not an outlook-probs list. But maybe you can help me
in some way.

Thanks

Cyril