Hello!

  I'm using QMAIL and UW-IMAP patched for mailbox format. There are complaints from
our users that they're unable to delete some messages using IMAP. They mark message as
"deleted" in their mail agent, and when they do "folder compact" it remains undeleted
and unmarked as deleted. When I look into their homedir where mailbox file resides,
there are some files with long names which looks like temporary files (with "$" in
filenames). When I delete them, all the problems disappear until next such situation.
  Does anybody know what can be the source of this problem? Any suggestions about how
to resolve the problem?

  Regards, Dmitry Niqiforoff      [tel. +7 8462 427427]
  Kraft-S, Ltd.
  Samara, Russia