I try again ... If someone have any tips, let me know. I have more and
more users frustrated each second...

Subject: checkpoppasswd - ERR authorization failed

Hi,

I installed qmail with the Jedi's checkpoppasswd.

I am running the pop server by the command:

/usr/local/bin/tcpserver 0 110 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup earth.care2.com
\
 /bin/checkpasswd /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir &

/bin/checkpasswd is the jedi's programm compiled with -lcrypt.

The problem is that I can't get an authorization.
toto is a user that I added in users/poppasswd and users/assign (toto
is not a "system user" - I used the Paul Gregg Single UID mailbox Howto
( http://www.tibus.net/pgregg/projects/ ) ). I used a 2.2.12 kernel /
RedHAt with shadow passwd.
I refreshed the database with qmail-newu. There is no special messages in
the logfile(auth).

Here we go:

telnet localhost 110
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK <1500 [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
user toto
+OK
pass titi
-ERR authorization failed
Connection closed by foreign host.

I also tried:
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup earth.care2.com /bin/checkpasswd
+OK <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
user toto
+OK
pass titi
-ERR authorization failed

Does someone has any idea on this problem ?

Thanks and Thanks,

Stephane