Oh.. Two new ideas  in regards to running two different qmail-smtpd programs in
different ipaddrs where one inserts the footer and the other does not.

You could do this with just one qmail-smtpd program that is just a tad smarter
than what I tossed together...

(1) Modify my code to only insert the footer if a certain environment variable
is set, which you set with another program in the chain.
(2) Modify my code to insert the footer if TCPLOCALIP (read from the env) is a
certain ipaddr.
(3) Modify my code to read the footer from an environment variable, which you
set with another program in the chain.

You should be able to run from here if you have some basic c knowledge.

 - David Harris
   Principal Engineer, DRH Internet Services