Russell Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What problem does this solve that a virtualdomain does not?  Yes,
> control/locals allows only literal entries, but control/virtualdomains
> allows wildcards of the form ".foo.bar:piffle" to match "biff.foo.bar".
> It also allows "baz.foo.bar:" to *not* be caught by the preceding entry.

Yes, that is possible, but then I have to setup a user piffle, and his
.qmail file has to filter the mailadresses and deliver the mail to the
correct local user. I think this is too much work and a kind of
inconsistency.

If aI have only [EMAIL PROTECTED], then I would do it this way
with an entry in virtualdomains like his.virtual.domin:someuser or alike.

But I have (virtually ;-) a big network of hosts, and everyone has the
same users (over NIS). I think it is more easier with one line in locals
like ^(.*\.){0,1}mydomain.net$ than the construct mentioned above.

Greetings
--
Robert Sander   "Is it Friday yet?"
  @Home http://home.pages.de/~gurubert