Dear Group,

Until next week, I never had to work with an Ms Exchange server :
everybody is happy with qmail. But now, I have somebody who
paid so much for a complete M$ solution that he want to keep
it.

Now, _I_ have (probably with your help :) to find a solution to
the mail transfers for his domain.

The MX record is pointing to my qmail server which is always online.
The mails which are comming are saved in the Maildir of a user
(using .qmail-default = ./Maildir/).

The NT box goes online once an hour, want to send it's mail to
the outside world, and also want to get its mails.

Sending the mail outside isn't a problem (relaying for an IP class).
But how can I tell the qmail server that the NT box is currently
online and waiting for an smtp feed ? I guess I need a kind of trigger
that will start a maildirsmtp command. Is it the right way ?

It's probably a common situation : if you have some hints and
scripts which could help, I would be happy to be informed :)

Thanks in advance,
Olivier