On Sun, Sep 19, 1999 at 04:50:47PM -0700, Jan Stanik wrote:

> Hi,
>
>       I need to start new log file for qmail every day.I use cyclog, but
> there I can set log file size only. Is it possible rotate logs every day?

Neither cyclog nor multilog provide for time-based rotation. They only
rotate based on size. However, Bruce Guenter wrote a small program
called qfilelog, which simply closes and re-opens its log file. It can
be used to do qmail logging, and you can arrange for a cron job to send
it a HUP signal every night to rotate your log.

http://em.ca/~bruceg/qlogtools/

Request to DJB: time-based logging in multilog would be very useful to
many people. Please consider it as an option besides size-based
rotation, somewhat like FreeBSD's newsyslog. I do understand that
time-based logging could fill up a disk, but that's a risk an end-user
can take themselves.

--
See complete headers for more info