[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Is it possible to redirect all incoming email automatically from a specific
>email account on qmail server to another email account of different domain?

Yes.

>Any additional modules required?

No.

>Is it the same as the .forward of sendmail?

No, but it's very similar. The file is called .qmail, and the syntax
for forwarding to a remote address is:

    &[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>I would like to build a hierarchical email account naming scheme, e.g.
>[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], etc .... Is
>it possible to do that on qmail?

It's possible to configure qmail to accept mail for those addresses.

>How it works?

That depends upon how you set it up. For example, you could handle
john.account via a system alias by creating
/var/qmail/aliases/.qmail-john:account (note the use of the colon [:]
instead of the dot [.]). In that file, you can direct the messages to
a local user, a remote user, a file, or a program.

>Since I use POP3 client to
>retrieve mail, any conflict with this naming scheme?

If you want people to have POP accounts matching these names, that
could be problem. Most POP daemons expect users to log in with real
usernames and passwords. However, there are virtual user setups, about
which I'm blissfully ignorant, that might be able to accomodate this.

-Dave