uh, let's use our heads for a minute here and not waste time.  outlook
returned the exact error message:
   -ERR this user has no $HOME/Maildir

<rant>
are you really saying that outlook somehow changed this error message?  i
realize a lot of people on this list hate microsoft software, but let's at
least give them the benefit of the doubt that when they say "server
response" and an error message, it's really coming from the server.
</rant>

if you'll look at qmail-pop3d.c, line 65, you'll see the same thing.  you
can see why these errors are raised if you look at the end of
qmail-pop3d.c - either the program is passed no arguments (incorrect usage)
or the program can't change to the user's directory (does not exist or
permissions are incorrect).

shag
=====
Judd Bourgeois        |   CNM Network      +1 (805) 520-7170
Software Architect    |   1900 Los Angeles Avenue, 2nd Floor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   Simi Valley, CA 93065