* Vladimir Berezniker ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [20 Sep 1999 21:59]:

> Hi,
>     First of all I am a newbie to the *nix.  I use supervise from deamon tools 0.61.
>To run the following run file:
> *********************************

In order to get logging and control to work one
has to put the script for the logging portion  (the stuff after
the pipeline (|) symbol) in the log subdirectory
of the directory that contains the run script for the
qmail-start command and then use svscan to connect
the two:

For example:

        /services/qmail/run     <-- contains the commands to start qmail
        /services/qmail/log/run <-- contains multilog et. al.

with svscan being started (in the background) from the /services
directory.

--
Quist Consulting                Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
219 Donlea Drive                Voice: +1.416.696.7600