With sendmail and Postfix (or so I've heard) it is possible to record the
envelope-from address in the Received: line. This is deemed useful by my
colleagues for tracing mails trough broken e-mail gateways.

For example, consider the following line:

          by gw-nl1.origin-it.com with ESMTP id XAA04842
          for <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Tue, 21 Sep 1999 23:09:42 +0200
          (MEST)
          (envelope-from [EMAIL PROTECTED])

Note the envelope-from comment.
Is there any way to achieve the same effect with qmail?

[Side note: I'm asking because we are currently reevaluating our use of
sendmail. Postfix is a strong contender;  Wietse Venema is a personal friend
of a couple of my colleagues.]

Thanks,
--
Jos Backus                          _/ _/_/_/  "Reliability means never
                                   _/ _/   _/   having to say you're sorry."