On 9/23/99 at 5:59 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Luis Campos de Carvalho)
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) had the thought:

> On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Glenn Crownover wrote:
>
> > Almost running smooth as silk here!  Just one last thing...
> >
> > What is the recommended replacement in a qmail environment (using
> > Maildir now!) for /bin/mail?  I have cron jobs wanting to use it (among
> > many other apps).
>
>   I don't remember for sure what's the real utility of /bin/mail.
>
>   I'm guessing that you want to send mails.
>
>   The program that you must use is /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject.
>   There is a nice man page about it.
>
>   Please somebody confirm this for me.
>
>   Thank you a lot.

I don't think you need to replace /bin/mail.  I have a RedHat 5.2 box with
sendmail removed and /bin/mail works just fine with qmail.  Did you remove
/bin/mail yourself?  Is it not working now?

Pat