I'll field this one guys.  :-)  (I just asked this about four days ago
Michael!)

You don't really need to chmod 0 /bin/mail.  Many here have said that /bin/mail
works just fine with qmail, as it uses 'sendmail' and that has been substituted
with qmail's version (right?).   I have created a symbolic link from /bin/mail
to /bin/mutt just because I got that suggestion first and it is working and if
it aint broke... haha

There was some issue to do with local distribution using /bin/mail but it
didn't effect me.  So, my recommendation is, chmod 555 /bin/mail and simply try
it.

Good luck!

--
·.¸¸.·´¯`·. Glenn R. Crownover
·.¸¸.·´¯`·. Owner/CEO - Investor's Network Cafe