Hi all.

I have a somewhat complicated situation for which the simplest solution
is
a mail relay.  I want a completely open mail relay that will accept mail
to be delivered to any domain whatsoever BUT I want it to only relay
through
one destination SMTP host.

We are setting up a "temporary" mail relay which catches mail sent to
the address of a mail server which is no longer the MX for our site, but
which may have mail sent to it by sites whose DNS hasn't updated to our
new MX records yet.  I simply want our relay system to accept any mail
whatsoever, destined for anybody whatsoever (in essense, an "open
relay")
but relay all mail directly to our real mail server.  The real mail
server will handle the virtual domains, and bouncing mail, etc, all
itself.

Is there an easy way to set qmail up this way?  I set the smtproutes
file
to route mail to the new mail server, and everything works for our
actual domain (plumbdesign.com) as I have plumbdesign.com in the "me"
file of the relay.  The problem comes with virtual domains - I don't
want to have to
set up virtual domains on the relay server just to have it route mail
for those domains; I just want it to catch all mail destined for anybody
and relay the mail to the real mail server, letting the real mail server
handle virtual domains and bounces, etc.

In order to cause our qmail-smtpd to accept mail destined for any host
whatsoever, I set the "RELAYCLIENT" environment variable in the shell
that runs qmail-smtpd from inetd.

Here is an example bounce message: