Russell Nelson wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>  > Russell Nelson wrote:
>  >
>  > > Robert writes:
>  > >  > Hello again..  I have a second question now.  Is there a way to increase the
>  > >  > maximum number of hops a message can take before qmail gives up?
>  > >
>  > > qmail doesn't count hops.  What problem are you trying to solve?
>  >
>  >        qmail-smtpd  is responsible for counting hops.  It rejects
>  >        any message with 100  or  more  Received  or  Delivered-To
>  >        header fields.
>
> Oh, well, LSNED.  Still, no reasonable email system actually generates
> 100 Received or Delivered-to header fields.  The problem must lie elsewhere.

Indeed.  Once I get my little system going to collect and apply hacks to
qmail, I'll probably go ahead and hack the hop count limit DOWN to 16 or
so.  If it has that many hops I don't want it.

--
Phil Howard | [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  phil      | [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]