Our sysadmin installed a bunch of patches on our Solaris machines
today - basically, he just got a cluster of recommended patches and
installed them all.

Now, one or more of these patches "upgraded" /usr/lib/sendmail (was a
symlink to /var/qmail/bin/sendmail, became a "real" sendmail).  But
not only that; the patch most helpfully installed the file
/etc/rc2.d/S88sendmail for us.  Came time to reboot the machine, and
lo and behold, we now had a running sendmail daemon, which started
rejecting all kinds of incoming mail.  (It got to the smtp port before
tcpserver+qmail-smtpd did.)

Argh...

- Harald