On Sat, 9 Oct 1999, Bob Ross wrote:

> I'm running Linux Slackware 2.0.36, Qmail 1.03, this is a mail only
> server. Qmail is installed and running.
>
> A couple month's ago I tried to install tcpserver and with the help from
> many in this group it would still not work at all, even when it said it
> was installed.
>
> I have given it a rest and would like to try again.
>
> I downloaded the release again .84 extracted it in it's own directory
> ran make and then make install setup.
>
> In the inetd.conf I have removed the smtp line and replaced it with:
> tcpserver -u 7791 -g 2108 0 smtp /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd &

tcpserver is NOT run from inetd.conf.  Remove this line and do NOT put
anything in inetd.conf for smtp.  Run tcpserver from the command line and
place it in your startup scripts (location depends on your version of
Unix).

> when I restarted the server I tried to send mail to it and would receive
> the error in the logs unable to establish an smtp connection.
>
> Thanks for any help in advance.
> Bob Ross

Timothy L. Mayo                         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Administrator
localconnect(sm)
http://www.localconnect.net/

The National Business Network Inc.      http://www.nb.net/