Todd A. Jacobs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes on 17 October 1999 at 15:43:35 -0700
 > On Sun, 17 Oct 1999, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
 >
 > >  > Check the permissions on /var/qmail/queue/lock/trigger. They should look like
 > >  > this:
 > >  >
 > >  > prw--w--w-  1 qmails  qmail     0 Oct 16 17:39 trigger
 >
 > That was definitely the problem in my case. I'm not sure how it changed,
 > though. If I find out, I promise you'll be the second one to know. :)
 >
 > I couldn't find any info on the trigger file. Can you explain how qmail is
 > using this named pipe, and why it has to be world-writable?

I haven't examined this bit of source just recently, but very roughly,
qmail-inject uses this to alert the central q-management process that
there's new business waiting.  Since qmail-inject runs as any user
sending mail, the trigger needs to be world-writable.  I'm sure the
process on the other end of that pipe is *very* careful what it does
with whatever comes through it!
--
David Dyer-Bennet **Update your records, forwarding expires soon** [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://dd-b.lighthunters.net/ (photos) Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon