Cris Daniluk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Sun, 17 Oct 1999:
> Is there an existing script that will merge a Mailbox into an existing
> Maildir? We're trying to combine two existing servers into one, but one uses
> Maildir and the other uses Mailbox. I'd write my own, but just as soon use
> an existing one if available

If you have mutt installed, it's fairly easy to create a mutt
commandline that does this, something like:

mutt -f =mboxfolder -e 'push "T~A\n\;s=maildirfolder\nq"'

(just off the top of my head, so you'd need to check and possibly
further develop that, also note if you don't have $folder set
appropriately for Mutt, then you need to use full paths instead of
the = shortcut)

Apparently I also have a mbox2maildir perl script, the credits of which
say:
# put into the public domain by Bruce Guenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
# based heavily on code by Russell Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I imagine I got this from the qmail page, but I'd be happy to mail it
to you if you can't find it there or elsewhere.

Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /