Stan Horwitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In the qmail documentation, there's information about that says I can use
> the concurrencyremote control file to set the maximum number of concurrent
> remote mail deliveries can occur. I am wondering if this can be set on a
> per system basis. Specifically, I want to set the concurrencyremote level
> down to a value of 5 for one specific system (because its being overloaded
> with mail processing) and while allowing concurrencyremote to be set to a
> value of 50 for all other systems that might receive mail from this
> particular qmail server. Is this possible? If so, how?

It's not really a qmail issue.  If a particular mailhost is bogging down
because it is accepting more SMTP connections than it can actually handle,
it's due to:
        -poor configuration.  Solution:  tell the sysadmin.
        -poor administration.  Solution:  tell the sysadmin.
        -poor choice of MTA on their end.  Solution:  tell the sysadmin.

If a site can only handle 5 incoming SMTP connections at a time, their
system should be configured to only accept 5 simultaneous incoming SMTP
connections.  A qmail instance attempting to deliver to that system can't
(and shouldn't try) to tell whether the system can actually handle a
connection that it accepts.

Charles
Charles Cazabon           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>