I've been thinking about setting up qmail, and I'll have the same problem.
I'm interested in what people have to say about this.

Dave Sill wrote:

> "Daniel Cukier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >I'm upgrading from sendmail to qmail and now I have a big problem.
> >
> >BEFORE instaling qmail:
> >fetchmail get all mail from a pop3. All these mail are sent to postmaster
> >and postmaster re-send the mail to the person which this mail belongs
>
> How did it do that? Sendmail doesn't work thay way "out of the box".

Sure it does, at least in Red Hat 5.2.

> >What do I have to do to make all mail to postmaster to be sended to the
> >users, like it was with sendmail?
>
> How can postmaster tell which user a message is intended for?

I believe fetchmail just takes the userid off of the addresses when it gets
mail via pop3.  Then it tries to send the mail to the local user with that
userid.  I matched up my e-mail address userid to my local userid by throwing
an entry into the mail alias file in /usr/lib.

/\/\ike

--
Mike Taylor ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) Alias|Wavefront, Toronto
http://reality.sgi.com/mtaylor