I have one user whose mailbox drops connections on a machine that
is up and generally accepting mail.

Currently this user has five messages waiting to be sent to
them, each one getting progressively longer retry times.

I would like to see the retry time for new message for a remote
address that already has a temporary failure associated with it
start at the current longer delay time, instead of each message
backing off on its own schedule.

Sound good?  Would this require much additional space within
qmail-send?  Perhaps a file of backoff times could be maintained
and read only when a delivery has temporarily failed, to prevent
additional memory use by qmail-send

What thinks everyone?

               David Nicol 816.235.1187 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                        Enough already.