Greetings,
   I occasionally have smtp servers begin to "chatter" with my
servers and 99% of the time, a telnet to port 25 of the offending server
yields the dreaded:   Microsoft SMTP MAIL

So I block the IP to prevent the chatter as they just keep coming over
and over again trying to deliver mail which my servers must be saying
no way to.  I ass/u/me that this is a bare-line-feed issue.  Since
everything
I've read says do the fixcr with "clients" sending buggy mail, my option
seems to be to block those IP's from sending (tcpserver)  and try to get
mail to them telling them they've been blocked.

I've tried running snoop to see if I could see anything odd with the smtp
packets, but I really don't know what to look for that is out of the
ordinary
so I can tell these folks what to fix.  Any suggestions as to what might
look odd?  and what to tell them to fix their mail server?

Thanks,
   mike.