Hello,

I am using the daemontools 0.61, and supervise on qmail, qmail-popup, and
qmail-smtpd.  Right now, I just start a normal supervise process to watch
over those.

I wanted to do logging for the qmail-popup and qmail-smtpd daemons, and
created an SVC/log dir, set the sticky bit, etc.

My question is, do I have to start the two supervise processes (one for SVC,
and one for SVC/log) with svscan, or can I do it manually?  I want to be
able to restart the services, take down supervise for that service, etc
without having to wait 1 minute for svscan to bring it back up.

How can I do this without breaking the pipe between the service and the
logger?

Seems like a pain!

Robert S. Wojciechowski Jr.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]