Hello all,

I send a mail with multiple recipients to qmail. According to qmail
configuration, it should be forwarded to another host for all listed
recipients. I would expect, that it will be sended as a single
message in single SMTP session (with multiple RCPT TO:). But it's not
true - qmail sends it as many separate messages - for each recipient
one.

Does anybody know why ? Does anybody know, under which conditions
will qmail do remote delivery with multiple recipients in single SMTP
session ?

It's very important question, because qmail is used as a mail server
on local intranet - it delivers messages for local users on local
hosts and it forwards all mails for Internet recipients to the ISP's
mail server via dial-up line. So when single message to many Internet
recipients is sent, it increases connection time&cost rapidly, if it
is forwarded to ISP's mail server as seperate mail for each address.

Thank you very much for any answers or recommendations.

Matej Ondrusek
[EMAIL PROTECTED]