On Tue, 9 Nov 1999, Todd A. Jacobs wrote:

> I thought I'd repost this, in case the original (or any replies) got lost
> in the bitstream. The gist if my question is: when would I need to use
> assign instead of an alias?

If you need speed for example. Assign gets converted to a hashed file
which is much faster than file queries.
Also, if your Mail-home-dirs are on an NFS Server and it dies the messages
will get deferred and not bounced until the NFS-Server is up again.

Hope that helps

Markus

--
(Products & Development)