On Fri, 12 Nov 1999 13:55:19 -0500 (EST), Derek Callaway wrote:

>Thanks, but I need something that's reliable. :\

The described option is 100% reliable if done right. I assume you mean
that you need to know with certainty if delivery was successful.

qmail-send knows both the message and what has succeeded/failed. For
local delivery only, qmail-local, for remote only qmail-remote. Modify
to add your logging.

I'd be leery adding that amount of overhead to qmail-remote, but if
it's for local only ... Size is less relevant for qmail-send (there is
only one) and done right it could be cheap.

If you run a single UID pop system, you can add a program delivery to
the relevant .qmail. 100% reliable if done right and simpler.

-Sincerely, Fred