On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 12:41:58PM -0800, Kai MacTane wrote:
> 2) Set concurrencylocal to 0; restart Qmail (to continue accept-
>    ing mail during changeover).

Accepting mail is independent from running qmail-send. However if you
want remote deliveries still to happen, this is the right way.

> 4) Set Qmail's new delivery instruction, remove zero setting on
>    concurrencylocal, restart Qmail.

Before that step you should set (in login.conf, /etc/profile, ...) the
environment variable MAIL to whatever the location of the incoming Mailbox
file is.
On some systems we use
    MAIL=$HOME/Mailbox; export MAIL

> Is there anything I'm missing that's likely to bite me? Is there a
> preferred canonical filename for mbox files in users' home dirs? If I make
> the file .mbox or some other hidden name, will this cause trouble?

Not that I know of. Any name should be fine, als long as the MAIL
variable points to it. We don't have any problems with /bin/mail, pine,
mutt or elm with the above setup.

        \Maex

--
SpaceNet GmbH             |   http://www.Space.Net/   | Yeah, yo mama dresses
Research & Development    | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] | you funny and you need