Matt,

If you can get them to give you an IP address you're set.  Use the IP
address in smtproutes instead of the name.

-Martin

On 24 Nov, Matthew Harrell wrote:
  :
  : Hi,
  :         I'm working on a mail system for a company and AOL has agreed to give
  : them access through a backdoor to avoid the AOL filter rules.  I know it's
  : kind of a shady thing but you wouldn't believe the general stupidity I've seen
  : with filter rules.  Anyway, AOL would like all their email to go to
  : partner.aol.com instead of the usual aol.com.  The problem with setting it
  : up in smtproutes like
  :
  :         aol.com:partner.aol.com
  :
  : is that partner.aol.com has only MX records and no A records so it bounces.
  : I'm sure someone has asked this before but is there any way I can get it to
  : use partner.aol.com or am I forced to edit the code and make it check for MX
  : records also?
  :
  : Thanks
  :

--
Martin A. Brown --- SecurePipe Communications --- [EMAIL PROTECTED]