I'm trying to grasp how fastforward should be implemented, but the man pages
are not dummy-proof enough for people like me.

Let me explain where I am going

I have a reasonable size /etc/aliases  file consisting of mail aliases
(mainly to give people addresses longer than the 8 character username limit)
and several include lines for basic mailing lists, like

applicationsales:       :include:/etc/applicationsales-list

>From reading fastfoward's man page.. it sounds like I should be modifying
the .qmail-default in ~alias to pipe through fastfoward?

How are lists like the above example handled in fastfoward?  Did fastforward
overwrite my system's existing newaliases binary?

Confused as usual with the basic INSTALL document...

-Steve