On Fri, Nov 26, 1999 at 12:08:30AM +0800, Ang Sei Heng wrote:
> Err... I don't think he is crazy. I did almost what he does, (except for
> 127.), and my qmail can send and receive all incoming and outgoing mail from
> any remote machine.
>
> I think by doing what he say, we will be able to disallow machine that is not
> part of the local network to use the mail server to relay emails

No. Whether he is actually crazy may be subject to debate, but what he
suggested is wrong. :deny as the last line of his rules file will cause SMTP
connections that are not coming from his local LAN to be denied altogether.
While this will stop relaying, it'll stop it at the expense of being able to
receive mail from the Internet at all.

In short, do *not* put :deny as the last rule (or any rule) in your rules file.

Chris