On Mon, Nov 29, 1999 at 09:24:42AM +0100, Van Liedekerke Franky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> has anyone succeeded in using sslwrap together with tcpserver for qmail-pop?
> And would that person mind sharing his experience?

I've been using it for ages. I followed the sslwrap documentation to create the
certificates and whatnot, and here's the script I use to start it up:

#!/bin/sh

exec tcpserver -RH -c10 -u444 -g444 0 spop3 /usr/local/libexec/sslwrap \
-cert /usr/local/openssl/certs/server.pem -port 110

UID and GID 444 belong to an unprivileged user and group I created; there's no
reason to run it with root privileges.

I have qmail-popup/qmail-pop3d running in the conventional way on port 110.

Chris