Hi, folks!

Today some trouble arose when I tried to get my mail from my Mail SP:
fetchmail did its job as it has been doing it for weeks -- until all
of a sudden I read the following lines on the screen:

  smtp connection to localhost failed.
  exit status=0
  query status=10

Perhaps some further info could help fixing the problem:

My fetchmail version: 5.0.0 My qmail version: 1.03

The contents of my .fetchmail file:

    poll mail.arcor-ip.de proto pop3 user r.matthiaslampert with pass
    ********** forcecr keep

Maybe the command line fetchmail is called with could be helpful, too:

    fetchmail --smtpaddress homeoftux.netofrome.de -v

The --smtpaddress part is needed for qmail to accept mail that is
actually delivered for 'localhost'.

If you need the contents of my control/alias files for qmail, here you
have it!

virtualdomains:
    :alias-ppp
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]:alias-arcormail
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]:alias-arcormail

rctphosts:
    homeoftux.netofrome.de

~alias/.qmail-arcormail-romulus:
    &[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Something must be wrong here, and I don't even know whether this is a
qmail question at all -- I already expect some flames for bothering
the qmail mailing list with fetchmail questions.

I know Dan Bernstein is not a fetchmail enthusiast at all, but he
hasn't provided or at least mentioned any satisfactory alternatives to
it -- yet.

Could you?

--
                                         Matthias Lampert, Hamburg